What UPHCA has accomplished for the plumbing industry!
- Protecting the industry by making changes in apprenticeship curriculum to include fire sprinkler installation, LP gas installation, and Hydronic-Radiant systems. This will make it very difficult for other industries to take these programs from the plumbing industry.
- UPHCA is the voice of the industry for code changes and adoptions, rule making input, and legislative efforts.
- Gave plumbers throughout the state a voice.
- Primary voice in keeping the “I” codes IPC, IMC. IFGC, etc. from changing to the UPC.
- Trap primers is not the only option…”P” traps, trap guards, hose bibs, are now acceptable in Utah.
- Appendix C grey water recycle
- Led a 3 year campaign to fix the handyman issue…work in progress
- Improved the supervisory problem
- Created individual continuing education
- Was a leader in making the Utah Data Center open to all contractors
- Assisted in keeping individual liens from $10,000 to $3,000 saving suppliers and contractors money and rights.
There are many benefits you receive as a member of UPHCA, including:
- Employee Sharing
- Continuing Education
- Local Meetings
- Estimating Classes
- Legal, Accounting, & Business Seminars
- Industry Courses (Back Flow, Med. Gas, etc.)
- Competitive Workers Comp
- Voice in Legislative Issues
- Education programs & resources to help manage and grow your business
- Networking with members representing all segments of the Industry
- Dana Farmer, Attorney & UPHCA Legal Council, attends every meeting and is happy to answer your legal questions
- And Much, Much, More!
The more members we have the more changes we can make!
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
If you are a member, please tell me what you have done to protect and improve the industry – Without your support, we cannot continue fighting for you!
For More Information contact us HERE
For more information on Member Benefits