What the UPHCA has been doing in 2022? – Published January 2023
- Working with DOPL on various issues of concern! This is becoming more important every year! A couple of the most recent Maintenance Exception and the Incidental Plumbing Rule (Handyman). We have tightened up the Maintenance Exception substantially and the proposed rule change for the ‘handyman’ also tightens and defines better the issue of handyman scope of work.
- Watching and navigating though issues the Utah State Legislature! This is a must for the industry! Legislative overreach is always an issue and concern. The association retained a Lobbyist Firm 5 years ago to represent our industry and trade at the legislature.
- Conference in St. George in the spring provided excellent information. You can view any of the training seminars by going on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNeFGO0aQf0jCieuMvLxIUfPqyLI9Snrd
- CE Classes for license renewal both live in classroom and online classes. We have the best classes in the industry at a discount for members of the UPHCA.
- Working on additional benefits for member companies including an ‘Qualified’ Program for the industry.
- Outreach to high school students to consider our trade.
- Other networking activities.
- Out of State Recruitment Program – look at our website under the tab “Moving to Utah”.
- The UPHCA Apprenticeship Academy received approval in November 2022 to start an online school to provide more flexibility for students and employers.
- Look at our new website, much more functional and provides great information: uphca.net
- We have developed our ‘blog’ and a new Pipeline Podcasts https://uphca.net/about-uphca/blog/.
- The UPHCA is the only independent Voice of the Plumbing & Mechanical Industry in the State of Utah.