The UPHCA Offers Continuing Education Classes for the following Plumbing and Specialty Contractor Licenses.
Webinars & Online Classes are DOPL and UPHCA approved for CE credit for Plumbing and Specialty Contractors Licenses: Plumbing (S200 & S201), HVAC (S350), Landscaping/Recreation (S330), Boiler, Pipeline, Wastewater and Water Conditioning (S410).
Apprentice, Journeyman & Master Plumbing License Rules:
Each requires 12 hours every two years. All 12 can be ‘Core’ (Code & Safety) or a combination of ‘Core’ and no more than 4 hours of ‘Professional’ (DOPL Approved). Renewal of all plumbing license are due by November 30, 2022.
Specialty Contractor Licenses must adhere to the following rules:
1. 3 of the 6 hours must be ‘live’ (classroom or webinar) where interaction between instructor and student. (All 6 hours can be ‘live’).
2. The remaining 3 hours can be through an online class; however they must be through a state approved association and provider.
3. The UPHCA is state approved to provide CE credit for the following Specialty Contractors: Plumbing (S200 & S201), HVAC (S350), Landscaping/Recreation (S330), Boiler, Pipeline, Wastewater and Water Conditioning (S410).
4. HVAC Contractor must have 3 of the 6 hours of CE must be directly related to the installation, repair, or replacement of a heating, ventilation, or air conditioning system.
5. Other Specialty Contractors (S330, S410) who install backflow preventers must have 2 of their 6 hours specific to Backflow Installation.
To check the hours you have towards your particular license you can go to DOPL’s webpage.