Get to work right away—testing might not be required.
Recently the State of Utah changed licensing regulations to allow those who are licensed in approved states (right) to apply for a plumbing license in Utah without further testing IF they they are licensed in their home state for 1 year or more AND their license is in good standing with the state the license was issued. For further information about applying for a individual plumbing license visit Department of Professional Licensing DOPL
Utah offers a welcoming business culture, competitive job market, and plenty of opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors.
Utah has a robust economy especially in the construction trades while also having low taxes and a friendly business climate. This was especially true with the issues surrounding COVID-19. Unemployment in the State is half what the national unemployment rate is! WE need skilled plumbing professionals! Just take a look at a few of the websites below and see for yourself what a fantastic a place Utah is to live!
- Utah Accolades and Rankings: https://business.utah.gov/uniquely-utah/accolades-rankings/
- Utah Needs Plumbers: https://www.ksl.com/article/46701675/utahs-building-problem-new-rules-affect-electricians-and-plumbers
- Top 5 Jobs in Construction in Utah: https://jobs.utah.gov/docs/topfive.html?id=Construction
- Top 10 States for Lower Business Taxes: https://taxfoundation.org/2021-state-business-tax-climate-index/
- Overall Tax Burden by State: https://wallethub.com/edu/states-with-highest-lowest-tax-burden/20494
States With Approved Licensing
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Dakota
- West Virginia