The UPHCA is represented at the State Legislature, DOPL and other governmental agencies.
We have retained a full-time Lobbyist Firm for many years, Capstone Strategies to assist in representing our interests in the legislative process and governmental regulations. It is through this active representation that we have become an effective voice. There have been numerous times that without the ‘Loud Voice‘ of the UPHCA our licensing would have had suffered substantial harm and without being involved our industry would have been impaired in many other ways.
Examples of Legislative Accomplishments
- Handyman Plumbing Work Scope Tightened
- Expedited Licensure Issues
- Sales Tax on Services Was Removed
- Approved CE Provider for Specialty Contractor Licensing
- Plumbing Licensing From Other Approved States
- Overall Protection of Plumbing Licensing Laws